Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


The Haps

Alright, so here's the deal. I don't know how drunk I was, but when I woke up there was a huge rock on Jeni's left ring finger and she had this crazy idea about us getting married. No, I'm just kidding, I was completely clear headed and rational when I virtually popped the proverbial question (meaning when I literally popped the quite real question). Well I guess its more accurate to say that I was at least as clear headed and rational as one can be when they ask someone to marry them. To think that in only a few short months people will be buying plates and cutlery for Jeni and I. That might actually be weirder than the prospect of sharing a bed with Jeni for the first time in our lives. Yeah, well, yeah. I guess that's pretty weird, too.

So AJ (a.k.a Andrew, Mandrew, Androgenew, and etc.) was quite thrilled with his time in Spokane. Or maybe not. I don't know if the fried oreos were enough to pull the trip out of the boredom fire. I didn't get it right in the stomach at any point during the week (at least I don't remember getting it in the somach) so it must no have been that bad. But I must commend the AJ for being such a good sport in putting up with all the ensuings that ensued after the proposing was proposed. Yup, he's a pretty good guy and it was really good to see him. Well, now that I'm done writing about AJ I can stop putting random words in bold. Phew.

Class started today. I have 13 credits of music and 3 credits of sociology. I'm taking one class in particular, Church Music Techniques, that seems like it will be a lot of fun and really useful at the same time. Other than that I'm taking all the standard music courses and playing a lot of guitar, hopefully.
Who knows if I'll ever get someone to actually pay me for doing this. Good thing I gots me a sugar-momma for life!

Well, that's all I've got. Sorry if I spelled Androgenew wrong. I asked Jeni the former English major what would be the proper spelling and she informed me, quite condescendingly I might add, that she only knows how to spell real words. Funny, she never has any trouble spelling her own name. I mean, seriously...

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.