Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Good, but Weird

Well, I suck at computers, I made an attempt at doing a blog feedback thing, but failed miserably. Man I suck! Suck, suck, suck! Hmm, yup. Whelp. Nothing else is really going on up here in the great white north, except that it's finally starting to warm up and the snow's melting. I just got a computer for my dorm room, so I won't have to run over to the music building every time I have to write a paper or use the ear training program. A side effect (affect?, no, effect) (I think) is that my AIM will be on a lot more often. Say hi to Love Your Squid if you want to sometime.

Jeni went to Montana for the weekend so I haven't seen her for two and a half days (death!). I'm pretty pathetic and do the lovesick puppydog thing pretty well. I can't imagine what it would be like living in different states for a school year, even though we did that not too long ago. That whole part of my life feels like a dream, like it never really happened. Come to think of it, I am often suspicious of the reality of all of my life up to this point. But of course, college doesn't really feel all that real either. I guess feelings like this are natural and expected after going through the death of a parent and a pretty major change of lifestyle. My guess it that someday 20 years from now I'll wake up next to Jeni and think for the first time, "Of course this is my life, what else would it be?" However, I think life is just going to get weirder and more dream-like up until that point. I mean, seriously, to think that Jeni and I will be leaving on our honeymoon in just over 6 months...good but weird. Good but weird

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.