Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Breaking News! Caulk Not a Substitute for Toothpaste!

Ok, so Jeni and I moved into this new apartment about a month ago, and ever since we moved in there was a tile missing in the shower. After trying to get the management to do something about it all this month, I finally gave in, went to Home Depot and bought a replacement tile (which doesn't match at all, by the way), some liquid nails, some caulk, and a caulking gun. I affixed the tile to the wall in the shower with the liquid nails which was easy enough, but then I had to caulk around the tile. I have no idea how to do this. I won't go into messy details (partially because I still haven't figured out exactly what happened) but I ended up dripping quite a decent amount of caulk into my mouth. "Blech" doesn't even begin to describe it. I got most of it out of my mouth rather quickly, but some of it had already managed to start bonding to my teeth. Once again, "blech" doesn't begin to describe this predicament. Anyone who knows me well knows that I cannot stand to have anything on my hands at all and that I need to wash my hands within two minutes of handling anything even remotely greasy. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy about the residue on my teeth. Fortunately the stuff came off with the help of my guitarist fingernails and about ten minutes of tooth brushing. So next time you're out of toothpase and see that tube of caulk you keep by your bathroom sink, don't even think about it!

0 Responses to “Breaking News! Caulk Not a Substitute for Toothpaste! ”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.