Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Have You Been Being Killed???!?? By the Suspense?!??!?

Here's the scoop. Last Friday I went to RSAMD in Glasgow to audition for their continuing education program. My playing was perhaps the most mediocre it's ever been, and my sight-reading could only be described as a crime against humanity. In spite of that, they're going to send me an offer and I'll start studying in just a few weeks. The continuing education program consists of weekly private tuition plus access to resources at the school and in the guitar department. My goal for this year is to play a lot of guitar. Specifically, I want to build my repertoire, increase my technical skill and improve my sight-reading. This should prepare me to be a full-time master's student next year. That's the scoop. I'd write more to give my other thoughts on the situation or be clever but I feel kind of weird and worn out right now so I'm going to call it a night.

4 Responses to “Have You Been Being Killed???!?? By the Suspense?!??!?”

  1. # Blogger Mariquita

    congratulations! all of us knew you would get in. i'm glad you know it now too.

    i'm off to homework! hurrah!  

  2. # Blogger Andrew Seely

    boooyah!!!
    sweet dude  

  3. # Blogger Seth

    Great job Matt! I think this is going to be a very rewarding experience for you.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    In response to this entry's title... Yes.
    Thank you for giving back my oxygen mask!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.