Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


More MAJOR LIFE ISSUES Going On

Just thought you might want to know. I won't go too deep into detail about my existential crisis du jour, I'll just say it stems from the fact that I'm now applying for the master's program at RSAMD and their application is asking me things like this:


I don't really know what benefit this master's degree will bring me if I decide to go through with it, gaining future occupation-wise. Most days I feel like I want to be a stay at home dad or a church musician and I don't know if this degree is really necessary for that. Anyway, I decided tonight, with the indispensable help of my beautiful wife, that I'll go through with the application process. Assuming I'm offered a spot, this gives me a full year to decide if this is what I want to do.

Also, Jeni and I are going to have kids, probably some mix of adopted and biological, but not right now. Not at least for a year and a half, depending on what I decide about this master's degree.

2 Responses to “More MAJOR LIFE ISSUES Going On”

  1. # Blogger Mariquita

    They give you sandwiches?? I'm in the wrong graduate program!  

  2. # Blogger Bianca

    I have to say, your sandwiches make me laugh out loud every time I look at them, even when I'm at my desk at work and it's kind of awkward.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.