Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Nature Doesn't Watch the Weather Channel

In my last post I mentioned the snowstorm that was forecasted to start last night. Depending on which meteorological authority you listened to, about 2 to 6 inches was expected overnight with another 6 to 12 today. We had an unexpected bit of snow earlier this week that wreaked havoc on the traffic here in Spokane. The snowplows weren't ready and a lot of people got into accidents. So last night, I went by Costco and Les Schwab to get prices on snow tires. Les Schwab the day before the first big snowstorm of the year is worse than Toy's R Us the day after Thanksgiving. Costco was already full for the night and had established a waiting list for the next morning more than three hours before they closed. Earlier in the day Les Schwab had a ten hour wait. Snow tires being more expensive than Jeni and I can afford right now, I gave up on the endeavor.

Since I didn't really need to do anything Saturday and since I didn't really want to drive in the snow before noon, I decided to let myself sleep in and wake up leisurely without an alarm. It felt great to wake up this morning. I didn't sleep great, but I slept ok, I was nice and warm under the new comforter that Jeni's parents sent us, the sun was filtering in through our rice paper blinds and lighting the room perfectly...wait, something's amiss. I got up to look out the window and, lo and behold, not a flake of snow in sight. It's overcast, sure, but it can't be very thick because the sun is still shining through pretty well. A quick check of weather.com shows a forecast much revised from last night's. They guess there won't be that much snow after all.

Rundown:
  1. Nature is a bastard.
  2. I'm really glad I didn't make a 7am appointment to get snow tires.

0 Responses to “Nature Doesn't Watch the Weather Channel”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.