Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Finals Week Update

Halfway through! Here's the play by play so far.

Musicfest: I didn't play as well as I wanted to but I won a silver medal in one of my classes, so it couldn't have been all that bad. Oh, and I got invited to play on KPBX, Spokane's public radio station.

Sociology test: 10 minutes. 97%.

Church Music: I stayed up really late on Monday night finishing this project. I was actually the last person out of the library at midnight. The book ended up looking ok, and the songs that I presented in class were good, so I guess this one turned out ok even though it wasn't as thorough or professional as I wanted it to be.

Upper Division Audition: Ate it for breakfast, or at least a late lunch. I made up for the mediocre playing I did at Musicfest by really playing the crap out of my pieces today. For the audition you have to play in front of the entire music faculty. I feel like I played as well in front of them as I ever have during practice. I'm glad I got the chance to show the faculty what I'm capable of doing without nerves getting in the way.

So that's it so far. I actually don't have to do a performance final tomorrow like I thought I did, so I'll be heading down to the radio station to play at about 11 a.m. Tune in to 90.3 if you're in the Spokane area. Also, the luthier who's building my new guitar just got my wood in yesterday, so Jeni and I are going to go down to see him and talk about my new guitar on Monday after finals. (Oh yeah, by the way, I'm having a new classical guitar built custom for me. I don't think I'd mentioned that before, so there you go.)

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.