Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Just in Case You're Wondering

Yes, the hours I spent figuring out this new template and the talking Granny both fall into the category of meaningless distraction. Speaking of meaningless distraction, Jeni and I saw Star Wars again tonight and agreed it's definitely better the first time (ouch for Star Wars!).

However, upcoming distractions that should be worthwhile:

No. 1: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe coming up in December which we saw a preview for tonight and which looks pretty good. Jeni just finished re-reading Chronicles of Narnia, something which I might do as well to pass the time before...

No. 2: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which is released 34 days from now I believe. I was quite sick a few weeks ago and in the course of three days read all 5 installments in the Hogwarts saga after Jeni has been bugging me to for years. (Literally, years!) I'd recommend them to anyone. Not the best I've ever read, but no where near the worst. Very engaging with good characters all around. Oh, yeah, my Half Blood Prince prediction: I'm hoping it will be Viktor Krum, I liked his character a lot and want to see him return. But even if he's not in book 6, for sure he'll be in...

No. 3: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie coming in November. Ok, sorry about all the Harry Potter stuff out of nowhere, but I've really got the bug. Movie #3, Prisoner of Azkaban, was really good, blew the first two out of the water, so here's hoping #4 can keep up the pace. Now all I need is a Giffindor house tie...

No. 4: Sleep!!! It's late! Goodnight!

2 Responses to “Just in Case You're Wondering”

  1. # Blogger i have ibs

    What is a house tie?  

  2. # Blogger Matt

    See updated link. Griffindor is the red and gold one.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.