Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Whelp, it's pretty much over.

School, that is. Black gold. Texas tea. Finals week was a breeze. I didn't have a single final that took me more than 45 minutes to complete, and one took less than six. While I didn't do much academic work, I did play a lot of guitar:

Last Friday: Concert in Cd'A
Sunday: Guitar preludes in both church services
Monday: Musicfest
Thursday: Preformance finals
Also Thursday: Perform on the radio
Friday: Perform at the Met

Yeah, that was more guitar playing than I've ever done in a week. It was really cool though, each was a completely different playing experience. Playing at the Met was a good capstone for the week. I think the audience was a few hundred at least. After that my guitar teacher bought me a calzone and a beer. (Good beer, too: Chimay!)

So, that's where we are now. Jeni's mom and grandmother are both in town for graduation, as are my aunt and uncle. Today was busy, eating out for every meal and showing people all around town. I also got to plow for the first time today out at Dr. Mike's farm. Big fun, now sleep!

0 Responses to “Whelp, it's pretty much over.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.