Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Today's Adventure in Education!

Teacher (after a long explanation of how vocal inflection plays a critical role in language): "You can change a statement into a question simply by raising the pitch of your voice at the end of the sentence."

Me: "You can change a statement into a question simply by raising the pitch of your voice at the end of the sentence?"

Teacher (after deep sigh): "Yes. Here, let me explain it again..."

3 Responses to “Today's Adventure in Education!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hoo boy. you made me laugh so hard I spit out part of my pop tart at work. Oops. happy monday!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm rather curious about the identity of the prof in question.


    Becky (who wishes she had a condiment for a nickname)
    (Upon further consideration, I also wish I had a pop tart. gravy's life is certainly a gravy train.)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Don't be too jealous, Becky. Not everyone can live up to the greasy, artery-clogging, fat-laden health of my nickname. Hmm... maybe I should worry about being called that.

    The pop tart, though. Mmm.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.