Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Thought I'd Share This

"In 1983, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) was formed by the reunion of the United Presbyterian Church in the United States of America and the Presbyterian Church in the United States. Integral to reunion was the preparation of a brief statement of faith."
-from the PCUSA Book of Confessions

The 1983 Brief Statement of Faith starts with this:

1 In life and in death we belong to God.
2 Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
3 the love of God,
4 and the communion of the Holy Spirit,
5 we trust in the one triune God, the Holy One of Israel,
6 whom alone we worship and serve.

And ends with this:

77 With believers in every time and place,
78 we rejoice that nothing in life or in death
79 can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
80 Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The inscription my father chose for my mother's headstone was "In life and in death we belong to God"

The incription that A.J. and I chose for our father's headstone was "I am convinced that nothing shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Today is the first time I have read the 1983 Brief Statement of Faith.

1 Responses to “Thought I'd Share This”

  1. # Blogger Jenevieve

    That's beautiful.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.