Matt's blog

The story of me, an American in Edinburgh, Scotland finding my place as a musician, a husband, a father and a Christian.


Why Theology?

Why do we do theology? As Christians, whether in universities or informal Bible studies, we always seem to be studying and doing theology in one way or another. The question on my mind today is simply, why? And to follow up, are there different reasons for academics and for lay people to do theology? I figure it's not so we know the right thing to believe so we can be saved, since we are saved not by what we believe but who we believe in. So if that's not the reason then why? Or, if that is the reason, why am I wrong? Any ideas?

1 Responses to “Why Theology?”

  1. # Blogger Miranda

    I'm with Adam on this one. The purpose of theology is to worship God better. So we can understand better who we worship and why.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Matt's blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.